Queen Village shares boundaries with Society Hill to the north, Bella Vista to the west and Pennsport to the south. Historically, the area is part of old Southwark, Philadelphia’s first suburb, which was incorporated into the city in 1856 and remains the city’s oldest residential neighborhood. Street boundaries are the south side of Lombard Street to the north side of Washington Avenue, Front Street to 6th Street, encompassing two principal commercial corridors, South Street and Fabric Row on 4th Street.
The School District of Philadelphia serves the area. William M. Meredith School and the George W. Nebinger School are located in Queen Village.
The Free Library of Philadelphia operates the Charles Santore Branch (formerly Southwark Branch), serving Queen Village. In addition, the Independence Branch serves Queen Village